Ingredients For Lemon Rice Recipe
1 Cup Raw Rice (or 3 Cups Cooked Rice).2 Tablespoon Peanuts,10-15 Curry Leaves (Kari Patta),2 Green Chillies,1 Teaspoon Rai (Black Mustard Seeds),1 Teaspoon Cumin Seeds (Jeera),1/2 Teaspoon Urad Dal (Split & Skinned Black Lentils),1/2 Teaspoon Chana Dal (Split Chickpeas),2-3 Whole Dried Red Chillies,1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder (Haldi),1/8 Teaspoon Asafoetida (Heeng),1/2 Teaspoon Salt,2 Teaspoons Lemon Juice,2 Tablespoons Oil
- Wash and rinse 1 cup of Rice with water. Then add them in a pressure cooker along with 1/2 teaspoon Salt, 2 teaspoons Oil and 2 cups of Water. If cooking in an open pot, add 3 cups of Water.
- Cook the rice till you get 2 whistles then wait for it to cool down. Then gently fluff the rice with a fork. You can also use leftover rice.
- Heat 2 tablespoons Oil in a pan and roast the peanuts. Then remove the peanuts and set them aside.
- In the same pan, add 1 teaspoon Black Mustard Seeds (Rai) and let them crackle.
- When the Mustard Seeds start to splutter, add 1 teaspoon Cumin Seeds and fry them for a few seconds.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon Urad Dal (split & skinned Black Lentils) and 1/2 teaspoon Chana Dal (split Chickpeas). Fry them till they turn golden brown.
- Add 2-3 whole dried Red Chillies and fry them for a minute.
- Add 10-15 Curry Leaves along with finely chopped Green Chillies to the pan.
- Then add 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric Powder and 1/8 teaspoon Asafoetida (Heeng).
- Add the cooked rice to the pan. Add 2 teaspoons Lemon Juice to the rice.
- Toss the rice gently to coat them in the tempering.
- Now add the roasted Peanuts to the rice and mix everything together.
- Turn off the heat and let the rice sit for 5 minutes. Lemon Rice is ready. You can serve it as is or with any Raita or Papad.